Monday, June 6, 2011
Ingredients for Sponge cake, go here..or else, beli jer Sponge Mix di kedai..
500 gm. Yam - steam and mashed into puree
100 gm. sugar
300 gm. fresh milk
50 gm. butter
50 gm. santan powder (coconut powder)
300 gm. whipped cream
(1) Sponge cake: Whisk eggs and sugar with high speed until light and fluffy.
(2) Fold in flour and cornoil.
(3) Pour into an 8" square pan and bake at 175C for about 30 to 35 mins.
(4) Slice cake into 3 layers.
(5) To make filling: melt butter and sugar over medium heat till sugar is dissolved. Add in yam puree, coconut powder and milk. Stir till almost dry. Leave to cool.
(6) Place 1 layer of sponge cake onto a cake board.
(7) Spread 300 gm. yam mixture on top and spread till evenly distributed.
(8) Cover the yam mixture with a layer of sponge cake.
(9) Spread cake with 100 gm. of whipped cream.
(10) Cover with the 3rd layer of sponge cake. Spread some whipped cream on top.
(11) Stir the balance 100 gm of whipped cream with the balance yam mixture. Spoon into piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe on top of cake.
(12) Chill in fridge. You can decorate the cake with some sieved cocoa powder if you like.